ASPIRE 5th Masterclass
“State of Art in IVM 2018”
There is an enormous variability on how IVM is defined and practiced worldwide. This variation is reflected in the types of patients recruited, the pre-treatment medication used, and the methods implemented in the embryology laboratory. While IVM is still considered a research technique for niche indications in Europe and the USA, there are important promoter centers in Vietnam, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Korea, Japan, etc. where significant expertise has been acquired over the years. Many of our colleagues are not aware of the advances in immature oocyte biology and on the potential of IVM as a patient-friendly technique in ART. The culture improvements over the last few years have positively impacted the expectations of IVM as a safer technology than classical IVF in patients with an increased antral follicle count and AMH.
This Masterclass will include demonstrations and discussions aims to cover the latest developments of IVM therapy in human. Theoretical and practical overview of clinical and embryological aspects will be discussed. The course is designed for gynecologists and embryologists considering to implement IVM as an alternative technique for different groups of patients, such as PCOS, oncofertility, good ovarian-reserve IVF patients, etc.
The Master Class takes 3 days: 2 days of lectures followed by discussions and case studies. The last day is planned for a visit to the local IVFMD Clinic offered to a limited group of attendees who will be able to observe the clinical and laboratory live demonstrations; cases discussion with the local team.
During the two days of lectures, the following objectives will be covered by the experts
- To highlight the biology of small follicle’s immature oocytes
- To analyze the pros and cons of different pre-treatment methods
- To be aware of the current validated culture methods for IVM in the embryology lab
- To discuss actual results in terms of live-birth and safety of IVM
- To take a critical discussion about the position that IVM could take in ART program.
|FULL Masterclass – Aspire Member Rate||USD 600.00|
|FULL Masterclass – Non-Member Rate||USD 670.00|
|HALF Masterclass – Aspire Member Rate||USD 450.00|
|HALF Masterclass – Non-Member Rate||USD 520.00|
Please note that:
- Full Masterclass will run from 27 – 29 September 2018, covering the hands-on training workshop and the scientific lectures.
- Half Masterclass will run from 27 – 28 September 2018 with only scientific lectures.
Limited seating is available. Download registration form here.
Registration deadline closes on 31 July 2018.
ASPIRE 4th Masterclass
“Enhancement of Embryo Implantation”
Implantation remains the biggest hurdle to pregnancy in ART cycles and is the most difficult aspect of pregnancy to assess and treat. Furthermore, miscarriage after fertility treatment is devastating for couples who require additional support and care. Clinicians have to navigate the myriad of novel and uncertain diagnostic tests and therapies requested by patients who are desperately struggling to achieve an ongoing pregnancy.
The 4th Aspire Masterclass was a 2-days programme that focused on the theme “Enhancement of Embryo Implantation”. The scientific programme was packed with informative lectures and interaction opportunities such as difficult case discussion.
Date: 25 – 26 January 2018
Venue: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Associate Prof. Louise Hull, Australia (Chairperson)
- Nares Sukcharoen, Thailand (Co-Chairperson)
- Asgi Fazleabas, USA
- Bruce Lessey, USA
- Neil Johnson, New Zealand
- Ying Cheong, England
- Xavier Santamaria, Spain
- Keiji Kuroda, Japan
- Associate Prof. Dr. Suphakde Julavijitphong, Thailand
- Guying Nie, Australia
ASPIRE 3rd Masterclass
“Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis/Preimplantation Genetic Testing”
Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) are increasing requested by couples who are undergoing infertility treatments. Knowledge of PGS and PGD is therefore integral to contemporary fertility care.
The 3rd Aspire Masterclass offered an opportunity for practitioners to keep abreast of the latest developments and technologies in the area of PGD/PGT. The Masterclass programme is structured around a hands-on training workshop, scientific lectures and case discussions.
Date: 11 – 13 October 2017
Venue: Reproductive Medical Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China and Excemon Beijing Hongxiang Hotel
- Prof. Jie Qiao, China (Chairperson)
- Dr. Rong Li, China (Co-Chairperson)
- Dr. Clare Boothroyd, Australia (Co-Chairperson)
- Dr. Alpesh Doshi, United Kingdom
- Dr. George Liperis, Australia
- Dr. Jan Liebelt, Australia
- Dr. Wong Pak Seng, Malaysia
- Dr. Hiroki Kurahashi, Japan
- Dr. Alan Thornhill, United Kingdom
- Dr. Eileen Tan, Singapore
- Associate. Prof. Yang Yu, China
- Dr. Jin Huang, China
- Dr. Yan Junhao, China
- Prof. Yanwen Xu, China
- Dr. Liu Ping, China
View the scientific programme here.
ASPIRE 2nd Masterclass
“PCOS – closing the gaps in its origins, metabolic and fertility consequences including treatment options in 2017”
ASPIRE 1st Masterclass
“Hard Facts and Flaccid Myths about Male Infertility, Learn it from the Masters”
ASPIRE has strived to raise awareness and understanding of treatment options for infertility amongst healthcare professionals as well as to develop and advance fertility services in the Asia-Pacific region.
To fulfil its mission, ASPIRE, is developing ASPIRE Masterclasses in Asia-Pacific. Our first edition, which was focused on Andrology was successfully concluded on 8 November 2015 with 36 participants and 5 Faculty members!
Date: 7 – 8 November 2015
Venue: Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, Siem Reap City, Cambodia
- Prof. Jaideep Malhotra, India
- Dr. Craig Niederberger, USA
- Dr Rupin Shah, India
- Dr. Phil Matson, Australia
- Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy, India
View the programme here.