ASPIRE 8th Masterclass
“Ovarian Stimulation & Poor Responders”
More details coming soon…
ASPIRE 7th Masterclass
Endometriosis is a huge health problem, affecting almost 200 million women of reproductive age worldwide with substantial impact through pelvic pain on their quality of life. It is the most prevalent disease affecting women who attend fertility clinics – many estimates that 50% or more women attending fertility clinics will have endometriosis.
This Masterclass on Endometriosis convened by Professor Neil Johnson (New Zealand), in conjunction with Professor Tzeng Chii-Ruey (Taiwan), Professor Yutaka Osuga (Japan) and Dr Rohana Haththotuwa (Sri Lanka) will be held in Hilton, Colombo, Colombo Sri Lanka, on 14th and 15th December 2019.
It will be a 2-day programme that not only examines the latest advances in endometriosis, but will give attendees the basic tools to develop a network of expertise for managing endometriosis in their setting.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS (POSTER ONLY)
The 7th ASPIRE Masterclass organising committee is pleased to invite authors to submit abstracts for poster presentations under the theme “Endometriosis” at the upcoming 7th ASPIRE Masterclass on Endometriosis to be held from 14 – 15 December 2019 at Hilton Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
This is an opportunity to share your original work with international colleagues who are interested in the topic of Endometriosis.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the organising committee. Accepted abstracts will be allocated a space for poster presentation outside the masterclass hall (The Blue).
Submission deadline: 1 October 2019
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Download submission template here.
Send completed document to email@example.com. Please save your file as “Surname_firstname_1.xlsx”
- Abstracts submitted must be related to “Endometriosis”
- Abstract Title: limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE.
- Abstract Text: limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and Aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appear the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and Images – A maximum of 2 images can be included per abstract. Graphs and images should be sent in JPG or PNG format only.
- Please label your graph/images as “Surname_firstname_Graph/Image 1”
Registration Fees for Masterclass
|Masterclass – Aspire Member Rate||USD 450.00|
|Masterclass – Non-Member Rate||USD 520.00|
Limited seating is available.
To register, kindly complete our online registration form here.
Registration deadline closes on 25 November 2019.
View draft scientific programme here.
ASPIRE 6th Masterclass
Traditionally, infertility management in Asia has been directed towards females. While treatment providers understand that male factors account for over 50% of infertility issues among couples, male infertility issues are still left very unexplored and discussed. Therefore, ASPIRE decided to bring back the topic of Male Infertility, 4 years since our 1st masterclass on Male Infertility, to encourage professionals and experts in the field to share their knowledge. ASPIRE 6th Masterclass on Male Infertility is aimed at all sectors providing for its care: urologists, gynaecologists, fertility specialists, and embryologists.
The ASPIRE 6th Masterclass was a 2-days programme divided into workshops and lectures; all focusing on the theme “Male Infertility”. The Clinical Workshops involved video reviews and live surgeries where participating clinicians can directly interact with the expert surgeons. The Laboratory Workshop embraced hands-on session specifically designed for embryologists who wishes to learn more about the latest innovations in the field. The lectures consisted of a comprehensive coverage on male infertility issues, from initial diagnosis, to medical/surgical treatment, and laboratory tests/ treatment to Assisted Reproductive Technology.
Overall, ASPIRE 6th Masterclass was a huge success. We saw participants from Australia, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE and Vietnam. At 98 delegates, ASPIRE 6th Masterclass concluded with the highest attendance rate out of all ASPIRE Masterclasses by far.
Date: 28 February – 1 March 2019
Venue: Manila, Philippines
- Virgilio M. Novero Jr. – Chairperson for ASPIRE 6th Masterclass (St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City, UP-PGH Medical Center, Manila, Philippines)
- Professor R. John Aitken (Priority Research Center & University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia)
- Associate Professor Dennis G. Lusaya (St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City; University of Santo Tomas Hospital, Manila, Philippines)
- Ranjith Ramasamy (University of Miami, Florida, USA)
- Professor Atsushi Tanaka (Saint Mother Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan)
- Mr Youichi Takemoto (Saint Mother Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan)
- Rupin Shah Lilavati Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai, India)
- Fernando Bronet (Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Madrid, Spain)
- Professor Michelle Lane (Monash IVF Group, Dulwich, Australia)
- Professor Gwo-Jang Wu (Center for Reproductive Medicine, Tri-Service General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan)
- Nikko Magsanoc (St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City, UP-PGH Medical Center, Manila, Philippines)
ASPIRE 5th Masterclass
“State of Art in IVM 2018”
There is an enormous variability on how IVM is defined and practiced worldwide. This variation is reflected in the types of patients recruited, the pre-treatment medication used, and the methods implemented in the embryology laboratory. While IVM is still considered a research technique for niche indications in Europe and the USA, there are important promoter centers in Vietnam, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Korea, Japan, etc. where significant expertise has been acquired over the years. Many of our colleagues are not aware of the advances in immature oocyte biology and on the potential of IVM as a patient-friendly technique in ART. The culture improvements over the last few years have positively impacted the expectations of IVM as a safer technology than classical IVF in patients with an increased antral follicle count and AMH.
The 5th Aspire Masterclass was a 3-days programme that focused on the theme “State of the Art in IVM 2018”. In these 3 days, we saw 84 participants and 6 experts from various countries (Australia, Belgium, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, The Netherlands, USA and Vietnam) coming together to share their expertise, to discuss and dig deeper into the practice of IVM.
16 participants even had the chance to learn from live demonstrations of oocyte pick-ups and handling immature oocytes and practice lab preparations for IVM.
Date: 27 – 29 September 2018
Venue: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Dr. Thi Ngoc Lan Vuong, My Duc Hospital, Vietnam (Chairperson)
- Prof. Johan Smitz, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium (Co-Chairperson)
- Dr. Ho Manh Tuong, My Duc Hospital, Vietnam
- Prof. Robert Gilchrist, UNSW Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Sergio Romero, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Ms. Hoang Anh Le, My Duc Hospital, Vietnam
View the scientific programme here.
ASPIRE 4th Masterclass
“Enhancement of Embryo Implantation”
Implantation remains the biggest hurdle to pregnancy in ART cycles and is the most difficult aspect of pregnancy to assess and treat. Furthermore, miscarriage after fertility treatment is devastating for couples who require additional support and care. Clinicians have to navigate the myriad of novel and uncertain diagnostic tests and therapies requested by patients who are desperately struggling to achieve an ongoing pregnancy.
The 4th Aspire Masterclass was a 2-days programme that focused on the theme “Enhancement of Embryo Implantation”. The scientific programme was packed with informative lectures and interaction opportunities such as difficult case discussion.
Date: 25 – 26 January 2018
Venue: Bangkok, Thailand
- Associate Prof. Louise Hull, Australia (Chairperson)
- Nares Sukcharoen, Thailand (Co-Chairperson)
- Asgi Fazleabas, USA
- Bruce Lessey, USA
- Neil Johnson, New Zealand
- Ying Cheong, England
- Xavier Santamaria, Spain
- Keiji Kuroda, Japan
- Associate Prof. Dr. Suphakde Julavijitphong, Thailand
- Guying Nie, Australia
ASPIRE 3rd Masterclass
“Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis/Preimplantation Genetic Testing”
Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) are increasing requested by couples who are undergoing infertility treatments. Knowledge of PGS and PGD is therefore integral to contemporary fertility care.
The 3rd Aspire Masterclass offered an opportunity for practitioners to keep abreast of the latest developments and technologies in the area of PGD/PGT. The Masterclass programme is structured around a hands-on training workshop, scientific lectures and case discussions.
Date: 11 – 13 October 2017
Venue: Reproductive Medical Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China and Excemon Beijing Hongxiang Hotel
- Prof. Jie Qiao, China (Chairperson)
- Dr. Rong Li, China (Co-Chairperson)
- Dr. Clare Boothroyd, Australia (Co-Chairperson)
- Dr. Alpesh Doshi, United Kingdom
- Dr. George Liperis, Australia
- Dr. Jan Liebelt, Australia
- Dr. Wong Pak Seng, Malaysia
- Dr. Hiroki Kurahashi, Japan
- Dr. Alan Thornhill, United Kingdom
- Dr. Eileen Tan, Singapore
- Associate. Prof. Yang Yu, China
- Dr. Jin Huang, China
- Dr. Yan Junhao, China
- Prof. Yanwen Xu, China
- Dr. Liu Ping, China
View the scientific programme here.
ASPIRE 2nd Masterclass
“PCOS – closing the gaps in its origins, metabolic and fertility consequences including treatment options in 2017”
ASPIRE 1st Masterclass
“Hard Facts and Flaccid Myths about Male Infertility, Learn it from the Masters”
ASPIRE has strived to raise awareness and understanding of treatment options for infertility amongst healthcare professionals as well as to develop and advance fertility services in the Asia-Pacific region.
To fulfil its mission, ASPIRE, is developing ASPIRE Masterclasses in Asia-Pacific. Our first edition, which was focused on Andrology was successfully concluded on 8 November 2015 with 36 participants and 5 Faculty members!
Date: 7 – 8 November 2015
Venue: Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort, Siem Reap City, Cambodia
- Prof. Jaideep Malhotra, India
- Dr. Craig Niederberger, USA
- Dr Rupin Shah, India
- Dr. Phil Matson, Australia
- Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy, India
View the programme here.